Information Security Intern
We are Virtuagym: a leading tech company providing an innovative all-in-one software solution for health professionals ranging from large gyms to personal trainers. This includes exercise, nutrition guidance, progress tracking, and online coaching.
With two offices in Amsterdam and Medellin, 200+ employees, over 15 million end-users, 30,000 trainers and more than 6,000 health clubs worldwide, Virtuagym grows 100% every year. The company culture is informal, dynamic, and fun. We are beyond the start-up phase, but still cherish our start-up culture.
Our team for Information Security plays an essential role in the success of the organisation: they make sure that our data is safe across the firm and take precautionary actions to ensure the continued security of information by conducting risk assessments as well as engaging in disaster recovery.
Will you join us in our quest to create a healthier and happier world?
What this role looks like
Our Information Security department mainly focuses on the safety of the data and information that circulates throughout the firm. This entails the following points:
- Assistance with defining, updating, and implementing final versions of documents, including policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Advising and informing of colleagues regarding secure and safe operations;
- Assistance in completing third party assessments;
- Performing security reviews of the setup and configuration of various external services used by Virtuagym;
- Assistance with handling security incidents and coordinate the response, in close collaboration with the Head of Information Security;
- Coordination with stakeholders as needed to identify areas of improvement for processes, procedures, workflows;
- Conducting and analyse risk assessments to evaluate information systems, programs and procedures;
- Performing disaster recovery, business continuity and security incident testing;
- Researching security standards and security systems
A close collaboration with our security engineers will help to understand security issues or improvements in our products, and monitor implementation by the development teams, as well as verifying the results.
What you bring to the table
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Security, or a related field;
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program;
- Available for a full-time internship (preferably - a minimum of 3 days a week);
- Authorization to work in Amsterdam, the Netherlands;
- Strong language skills in English, both verbal and written;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, individual, communication, and collaborative working skills;
- Knowledge of information security topics
- Flexibility to work from home as well as in the office.
- An interest in working towards obtaining certifications and compliance, such as ISO27001 and HIPAA
Here's why we think you should come work with us
- We offer a challenging internship with great potential for you to grow and develop yourself;
- Great freedom and autonomy to take ownership, make decisions and have major impacts;
- Various extra benefits such as regular (pizza) knowledge sessions, social activities, free fruit and more!
- Internship compensation;
- A unique start-up culture with motivated and fun colleagues near the beautiful centre of Amsterdam.
Are you ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply! For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team at email@example.com.