In-House Legal Professional
Are you looking for a challenging role at an international company leading in fitness technology, located in the center of beautiful Medellin? We are now looking for a Allround In-House Legal Professional to join our Medellin-based team in our efforts to make the world a healthier and fitter place.
Who Are We?
Virtuagym is a leading tech company in health & fitness mobile apps, providing solutions for consumers, gyms, personal trainers, physiotherapists and corporate health services. With over 4,000 clients world-wide, 25,000 personal trainers, and 10 million end-users, availability in 12 languages and over 200 staff in two offices in Europe and America, Virtuagym is a leading player in the fitness technology space.
With over 100% growth every year, we keep reinventing ourselves in the fast-paced fitness technology domain. While we are beyond the startup phase, we still cherish our start-up culture and non-corporate approach. At Virtuagym you get the opportunity to grow and we empower you to explore, learn and do great things as we conquer the world with our great solutions!
Our Medellín office is located in the north part of the city in an amazing and eco-friendly building called Ruta N, known as the center of innovation for the city. It was created by the 3 major public entities of the city to promote the development of innovative technology-based businesses.
What Is It All About?
To support the board and all departments in all legal matters, enabling our growth and strategic decision making process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising on all contract matters from a legal perspective
- Drafting commercial license and partnership agreements
- Establishing standard, and customized, contracts/agreements for sales
- Help sales reps by reviewing and consulting on legal agreements such as, but not limited to, NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, etc. (including third party contracts)
- Able to advise on labor laws as well as review and/or amend existing company documentation to ensure compliance with local policies and regulations (e.g., Employee contracts, Termination and separation, Disciplinary actions, workforce reductions, labor policies and practices, non-salary agreements).
- Working with our information security department on matters such as data protection and compliance with international regulations; assist in reviewing/amending data security/privacy agreements with partners and clients.
- Supporting the various teams and management in any other matters with legal elements, such as rental agreements, volume purchase deals, etc.
- Able to work with, and manage as necessary, external 3rd parties for quality and timely services.
Who are you?
- Graduated from Law School with 2-4 work experience as a lawyer
- Experience in contract law
- Experience drafting english agreements
- Background in Intellectual Property and licensing is a plus
- Experience in both US and European Law is a plus
- A great communicator and a true relationship builder
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in:
- English (professional legal proficiency)
- Spanish (is a plus)
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time (40 hours/week) position and great potential for you to grow and develop yourself.
- Great freedom and autonomy to take ownership, make decisions and have major impacts.
- 30 day paid holidays (including holidays)
- Various extra benefits such as: Free Gym Membership, Free Spanish Classes, and more.
- Unique start-up company culture with motivated and fun colleagues in Amsterdam and Medellin.